Tuesday 3 May 2011

to finish a book

I was such an avid reader growing up but in the last year I've had so much going on that I've made many attempts to start books but never finished them. Once they've been put down for a few weeks I usually feel like I need to start again and I just keep giving up:(

So over Easter I was determined to pick up a book and at least make a good dent it in...in the hope I'd have to finish it to see how the story ended.

I chose Kate Morton's The Distant Hours which I got given at Christmas. Thankfully I got totally hooked and don't have much left to read.


I've read a few of Kates books and I love her beautiful writing style. I'd definitely recommend this one!

I never realised until I starting reading this book how much I love a good hard cover lol. I know they can sometimes be annoying coz the longer books get heavy but they have such a good feel...I felt like I was reading the poetry book that Carrie borrows from the Library in the first SATC movie hehe:)

It got me thinking about books I loved as a kid and I can definitely say that Enid Blyton was by far my favourite. These are some I remember reading over and OVER again...

The Wishing Chair
The Children of Willow Farm
Adventures of Mr Pink Whistle
Hello Mr Twiddle
The Naughtiest Girl...and The Naughtiest Girl Again...and The Naughtiest Girl is a Monitor (lol)
Famous Five
The Magic Faraway Tree
Mister Meddles Muddles
Brer Rabbit
Secret Seven

Did you have favourite books as a kid??

Toots
x

7 comments:

  1. Hi :)

    Nice blog :D

    I followed you over from Lily's blog after seeing you were someone else from Perth!! :D

    Famous Fives were my first real book loves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH YAY. thanks for following:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOD - CHECK MY NEXT POST!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol that is hilarious...great minds...

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Kim ! yayy for new friends all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Silvia. Will definitely check yours out too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ps. love having some beautiful Perth bloggers following:)
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. It makes my day when I get them. I would love you to follow - Toots x